Return to work management meeting completed this morning. Fantastic input and ideas circulating all with the same goal of staff safety. We are using this quiet time to improve our operation so we exceed government guidelines in every department. We want our facility to be among the safest working environments in the country. The improvements and continued safe practices which will be implemented before a further staged return currently targeted for early/mid May include:-
- Infrared temperature checks for all employees & visitors before and after work.
- Face masks & disposable gloves for all employees & visitors with sufficient spare stock in store.
- Hand sanitiser stations to be installed next to every door, on every desk and at the end of every picking isle.
- Disinfectant for the warehouse equipment and environment for use before and after work.
- Tissues made available throughout the building.
- Social distancing extended to a minimum of 3 meters throughout the building.
- A chain entry system at every picking isle to ensure isolation.
- Upgrading wash room facilities.
- Additional visual signage throughout the building reminding people to wash their hands and maintain social distancing.
We have been planning our safe return to work schedule for 7 weeks. If I can help anyone with advice or share ideas please feel free to contact me at anytime. Let’s prepare well in advance and go above and beyond guidelines to stay safe and avoid anything like this happening again.
Regards, Gary and Chris